Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Heading to Besisahar tomorrow


We have been thoroughly enjoying Kathmadu. This ia picture of her new best friend, but we paid him a dollar to be photographed. (Hey, cool friends come with a price!)
One downer is that electricity is regulated, and it's out anywhere from 8-16 hours every day. Also, the internet speed here is also slower than when I used the web my freshman year of college.
We have finished getting everything we need for the trek (I hope we have everything!) and went to Swayambhunath ("Monkey Temple") today. Swayambhuath is a great buddhist temple on top of a hill in Kathmandu, and the site is known for its roaming monkeys...oh, and for Buddha. Jaime and I also saw a girl ahead of me on the street today just drop her pants and pee on the street. I asked Jaime if I could do that since I had to pee (when in Rome!). She asked me to wait to pee in a restroom and I agreed...darn.

3 comments:

  1. SOOOO Stoked for you guys!!! I'll be there soon. I can't afford a ticket, sea or sky, but i could probably hook up some floaters to my bike and pedal across the seas. no probably not, but i am slightly jealous of you guys. And so sorry that i couldn't make it to morgan hill last week. An optics line got cut so wireless communication was not happening in this area, i was so frustrated and it takes a lot for that to happen, but i was so stoked on seeing you guys and everyone else. bummer. but you'll just have to come to my farm when you get back, it should be really kickin then. come stay with my goats.. haha. I wish you the best which i know you will always have for you are truly beautiful beings. blessings always, Peace, love and Oranges!-robby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys are having a wonderful time. I like Jaime's new friend. Keep on taking pics when you get a chance. This is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jaime and Jason!
    I love your pics and the adventure so far. Jaime, don't be nervous; you obviously have a good man looking after you. Not to mention the Lord, and we are praying for your safety. I love that you're doing this blog; have the time of your lives, and hold hands when crossing the street. Check back with ya soon!
    Love,
    Chrissy (and Aidan, and Evan, and Ryan)

    ReplyDelete