Our 9th was spent in the small fishing village of Padang Bai in Eastern Bali. We took a class to l
earn the amazing art of Batik. Nangah was our thorough, and very

patient, teacher. Nangah spo
ke very little English, but was able to help us with our first Batik experience despite not knowing anything about the procedure. My (this is Jason writing)
first thought on my anniversary is that I wanted a nice hotel, a lovely meal, and other unnecessary things in order to celebrate our 9th. As the day went on, and during our amazing course, I realized how lucky both Jaime and I are to have each other. I further realized that not many people can say they learned how to Batik in some small village in Indonesia on their 9th anniversary...we are
truly blessed to have these experiences.

When the day ended, and knowing that Jaime's piece of artwork was quite a bit "prettier" than mine, I realized that a nice hotel room (you needed to hand fill the toilette in our bathroom before each flushing:)), an overpriced dinner, our any other material thing would not have made the day more enjoyable. I looked at my bride, enjoyed my $1.50 plate of marlin fish, and we drank our
extremely cheap bottle of wine overlooking an amazing sunset in a place I will never forget.

Jaime and I both know that many of you were at our wedding. To those of you, both friends and family, that have supported us throughout our marriage...thank you! We can't thank you all enough for the love and encouragement you have shown us throughout the years. We love you all and we are truly thankful to have been married for 9 whole years.
Happy Anniversary! Glad you had a great day.
ReplyDeleteNot surprisingly, but I have some friends in Lombok. I know you like finding your own way, but their family hosts America teams to do various work in the area. They could point you to some hole in the wall places that you might like. Phone number is 085857413150. Logan was here at JAARS this summer.
ReplyDelete